Best Vegan Enchiladas
Let’s be real you can’t do Mexican without sour cream and sour creamy is the perfect addition to these enchiladas!
Recipe by @noashealthyeats
- 8 mountain bread wraps / or tortillas
- 300g pumpkin/ or sweet potato*
- 1 small diced red capsicum
- 1/2 brown onion
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1/4 cup tomato paste 60g
- 1/2 cup stock
- 2tbs of taco / Mexican seasoning
- 1tbs ex virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup of stock
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika + 1/4 tsp cumin
or store brought
- 1/2 cup + cheese
- LOCO dairyfree sour creamy
- Preheat the oven to 220•c. Dice sweet potato or pumpkin or a mix of and place on to a lined baking tray. Drizzle with 1/2 tbs of oil and season with salt & pepper. Bake for 20mins.
- In a pan start the filling. Heat the 1/2 tbs of olive oil with your onion and capsicum. Cook for a few mins to lightly brown.
- Add in garlic, tomato paste and Mexican seasoning, Mix. Add in rinsed chickpeas and stock , stir to combine and lightly simmer.
- Add in the roasted potato/pumpkin and stir to combine. Decreases oven heat to 190•c.
- Prepare a large baking dish with baking paper. Lay out your wraps and fill each with 2-3 tbs of filling to one side, optional to add ex cheese in, roll it up and place the sides end on the bottom, repeat until wraps & mixture is used up.
- Pour over homemade or store brought salsa & grated cheese. To make the salsa just mix the ingredients together in a bowl.
Bake for 15 mins.
- Once crispy top with sour creamy and optional diced tomatoes & coriander, Enjoy!