These deliciously sticky buns are both dough-y, oh so cream-y (yum!) and they are dairy free (double yum!).
Recipe by @hungrybeargrazing
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup @locodairyfree sour cream
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 3 cups SR flour
- 2 tbsp coocnut oil, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 – 4 tsp @locodairyfree sour cream
- In a large bowl activate yeast in warm water.
- In a small saucepan over low heat combine sour cream + coconut oil.
- Add the applesauce + saucepan ingredients to the larger bowl containing the activated yeast. Fold in flour with a wooden spoon.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead to make a moderately soft dough (approx. 3 mins).
- Roll dough into an 18×12-inch rectangle & spread coconut oil + brown sugar + cinnamon mix over dough.
- Roll dough up & slice into twelve 1-1/2-inch pieces. Place each bun into prepared muffin tin. Cover & let rise for 45 mins.
- Bake buns at 200°c for 15 mins or until golden.
- Combine sour cream + icing sugar to a drizzle-like consistency; pour over buns & enjoy xx