The Classic Aussie Pavlova! 🙌🍑🍓Crispy on the outside and soft and marshmallowy inside…what more could you want!
Recipe by @madeby.mandy
Makes: 6-8 serves
- 225ml egg whites (~6 eggs at room temperature)
- 320g caster sugar superfine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons corn flour or cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 300ml Loco Dairy Free thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh fruit for decorating
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Draw a 20cm circle on a piece of baking paper, flip upside down and place on oven tray.
- Place the egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer. Whisk on high speed until soft peaks form; approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Gradually add sugar one tablespoon at a time, beating after each addition. Ensure each tablespoon of sugar is dissolved before the next is added.
- Once the sugar has been added, use a silicone spatula to scrape down the sides and whisk for another 6-8 minutes, or until thick and glossy. To check whether the sugar is dissolved, rub a little mixture between your thumb and forefinger.
- Add the corn flour and vinegar and whisk for 30 seconds.
- Spoon the meringue mixture inside the circle on your baking paper. Use a spatula or palette knife to shape the sides and level the top. Reduce the oven temperature to 120°C and bake for 1½ hours.
- Once baked, turn off oven and leave pavlova to cool in oven, undisturbed, for at least 2 hours (or overnight).
- Before serving, place thickened cream and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer. Whisk on high speed until soft peaks form. Spoon cream on top and decorate with your choice of fruit.