Mini Oreo-Mousse Cakes
These Mini Oreo mousse cakes are so easy to prepare it is every chocolate lovers dream! This decadent no-bake dessert is perfect to share or eat by yourself!
Recipe by @sammybeasley1
- 1 x 130g Packet Oreos
- 3-4 TBS melted vegan butter
- 1 x Tub LOCO Thickened Cream
- 150g Chopped Chocolate of choice – I used 70% dark
- ¼ tsp Agar Agar
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 TBS Maple * Optional
- Grease and line the base of 2 x Mini 10cm Spring forms Tins with baking paper.
- In a food processor blitz the Oreos until they resemble a fine crumb. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, add your melted vegan butter and mix until the mixture seems moist and sticks together. If the mixture seems dry, add a little more butter.
- Divide the mixture in half and distribute between your mini Springform Tins, flatten with the back of a spoon. Place in the freezer to harden.
- In a small saucepan, heat your cream and your agar agar until it begins to boil, allow to simmer for a few minutes. Remove from the heat and add your vanilla extract. Maple syrup (if using) and chopped chocolate. Allow to sit for 1-2 minutes then whisk the chocolate and the cream mixture until it appears smooth.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring the mixture to your mini springform tins and chilling in the fridge for 4 hours. Top with extra cream and mini oreos and enjoy!