Did anyone else live for these as a kid?!
Recipe by @balancebyelise
- 1/2 cup rice flour (or gluten free plain flour)
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- LOCO Thickened Creamy
- 6 tsp raspberry jam
- 1 cup icing sugar/powder
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1-2 drops pink food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 180C, fan-forced and grease 6 muffin tin holes.
- Combine all the dry ingredients and then add in remaining wet ingredients and mix well.
- Bake 15-20 mins or until just golden. Set aside to cool.
- Pour half the Thickened Creamy into a chilled bowl. Using electric beaters, beat for 2-3 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon 1 tsp raspberry jam into the bottom of the tarts, then cover with whipped cream. Smooth over top of cream. Place in the fridge and move onto icing.
- Place the icing sugar in a bowl. Add in a dash of water and mix together, continue to add a small amount more water at a time until a thick but spreadable icing forms. Then separate into two bowls. Add cacao to one and the food colouring to the other.
- Spread the two icings over half of each tart and place back in the fridge to set!