No Churn “Snickers” Vegan Ice Cream
Stop everything! All of your vegan ice cream dreams have come true with my new No Churn ‘Snickers’ Ice Cream – with salted peanut caramel (obviously) – that is going to make any fan of chocolate, peanut butter and salted caramel very happy and is made dairy free and plant based. Not only does this taste like a scoop of actual heaven (and no you will not be able to stop eating it), no fancy ice cream makers are required and its so easy to whip up using the new @locodairyfree Thickened Creamy that has fast become one of my fave dairy free products dairy for whipping, pouring and dolloping.
So go ahead and crank up the Ice Ice Baby and Whip It, Whip It GOOD.
Recipe by @danivenn
- 2 x 300ml Loco Thickened Creamy
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup golden or maple syrup
Salted Peanut Caramel
- 10 – 15 medjool dates
- ½ cup salted peanuts
- 100g vegan dark chocolate, melted
- Reserve two tablespoons of Loco Thickened Creamy and set aside in a bowl to use later in the caramel.
- Place the remaining Loco Thickened Creamy into a bowl of an electric mixer and whisk on medium speed until thick and fluffy, turn off whisk and pour in peanut butter and golden or maple syrup. Continue whisking until well combined. Mixture should be airy and light. Alternatively you could use handheld electric beaters in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour mixture into a loaf pan and place into the freezer to firm up for 30 minutes – one hour.
- Meanwhile to make your salted peanut caramel, place medjool dates in a dish and pour over about ½ cup of boiling water and allow them to soak for 10 minutes to soften. Remove pips and place the dates in a small blender, add the reserved two tablespoons of Loco Thickened Creamy in with the dates and a tablespoon of water (or more if needed), blend or pulse until the dates have become a smooth paste consistency. Scrape down sides of blender as needed and add a little more water if required. Stir through salted peanuts and set aside.
- When ice cream is semi frozen, add salted peanut caramel and swirl through the ice cream then smooth out the surface. Place back in freezer to chill and firm up for about 30 minutes then pour melted chocolate on the surface of the ice cream and place back in the freezer to chill and freeze. To serve, take ice cream out of freezer about 10 – 15 minutes before serving to allow to soften a little. Scoop and enjoy!