Nut Butter Sandwiches
Are you also obsessed with peanut butter at the moment enjoy these sweet beauties on your afternoon coffee break!
Recipe by @thenourishedchef
Makes 10 Filled Cookies
- 1 ½ Cups Almond Flour
- ⅔ Cup LAKANTO Golden Monk fruit Sweetener
- ⅓ Cup Cocoa Powder › ¾ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Flax Egg
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 ½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ⅔ Cup Peanut Butter (smooth)
- ¼ Cup LAKANTO Powdered Monk fruit Sweetener
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 1-2 Tbsp LOCO Thickened Creamy
- Preheat oven to 175⁰C. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Prepare your flax egg and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes to gel.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, golden sweetener, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add in the prepared flax egg, coconut oil, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Round medium pieces of dough between hands and space out onto the baking tray. Flatten cookies with palms.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until tops are cracked. Allow cookies to firm and cool before moving and filling.
- Meanwhile, for the peanut butter filling, whip the filling ingredients using an electric hand mixer until smooth and fluffy. Spread a spoonful of filling into the centre of each flat side of the cookies and sandwich it with another cookie. Repeat with the remaining cookies and filling.