Roasted Hasselback Potatoes
Paired with smoky tofu bacon and Sour Cream, Epic or what!
Recipe by @thrivingonplants
- 9-10 medium Yukon gold potatoes
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely minced
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Smoky Tofu ‘Bacon’
- 250g firm tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Loco Dairy Free Sour Creamy
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Fresh chives, finely chopped
- Start by preparing the vegan bacon. Drain the tofu, pat dry then slice the into thin rectangular pieces. Place into a large shallow container. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients to create your marinade. Pour into the container, pop the lid on and allow the tofu to sit in the marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. To prepare the potatoes, wash and dry thoroughly. Place a potato between two wooden spoons or chopsticks then slice thinly (this prevents you slicing down all the way). In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Place all the potatoes onto a lined baking tray and coat with the olive oil mixture. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until golden.
- Remove the tofu slices from the container and place onto a lined baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes, carefully flip, brush on the leftover marinade, and bake for an additional 10 minutes until crispy and lightly browned. I popped this into the oven at the same time as the potatoes so there was no additional cooking time.
- To assemble, remove the potatoes and tofu from the oven when cooked. Finely chop up the tofu slices and sprinkle over the potatoes. Top with sour cream, more tofu bacon and garlic with parsley and chives 🥔🍃