Strawberry & Cream Jelly Cake
This fancy, wobbly centrepiece will sit superbly at your next Friendsmas dinner or family gathering. It’s also a majorly simple recipe to master, we promise!
Recipe by @locodairyfree
- 125g strawberries, quartered
- 5 cups boiling water
- 2 x 85g strawberry vegan jelly crystals
- 1 1/2 tbsp agar powder
- 300g LOCO Thickened Creamy
- 100g caster sugar
- Spray a 1.5L jelly mould with cooking spray to grease. Wipe down with paper towel.
- For the strawberry jelly layer, place 85g of strawberry vegan jelly crystals into a heatproof bowl. Add 2 cups boiling water. Stir until dissolved then set aside. Repeat process with second pack of vegan jelly crystals and boiling water.
- For the cream jelly layer, Place the gelatine and 1 cup boiling water in a heatproof jug and stir until dissolved. Place LOCO Thickened Creamy and caster sugar in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Stir in dissolved gelatine mixture. Remove from heat and pour into a bowl.
- For the assembly, pour half of the strawberry jelly into the prepared jelly mould. Scatter over half of the strawberries. Place in fridge for 10-15 minutes or until just set but not firm (it should stick to your finger when touched).
- Carefully pour the cream jelly over the raspberry jelly. Return to fridge for 10-15 minutes or until just set. Place in fridge for 30 minutes or until just set.
- Carefully pour remaining strawberry jelly over the cream layer and top with remaining strawberries. Place in fridge overnight or until it sets firm.
- To serve, gently loosen the jelly from the mould by pulling it away from the edges. Carefully turn out onto a serving plate. Decorate the plate with any leftover strawberries. Enjoy!