Vegan Apple Crumble Tart
All of your comfort meal fantasies come true when this Vegan Apple Crumble Tart comes out of the oven. Top it off with LOCO whipped cream and you’re pleasing every palette at the dinner party.
Recipe by @locodairyfree
- 2 ½ cups plain flour
- 250g vegan butter
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 60g vegan butter, melted
- Loco Thickened Cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a pie tin.
- In a food processor combine the flour, butter and sugar and mix until a dough forms (add water as needed to bring the dough together).
- Roll the dough out and lay in the pie dish, trimming the edges.
- For the filling toss the sliced apples with the cornflour, lemon juice and cinnamon and place in the prepared pie crust.
- In a bowl add the oats, brown sugar, plan flour and limited butter and mix roughly with your fingers to form a crumb. Sprinkle on top of the apples.
- Place the apple crumble pie in the oven and bake for 50 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with whipped Loco Thickened Cream and a dusting of icing sugar.