Vegan Okonomiyaki — as spectacular tasting as it looks. Drizzled in LOCO Sour Creamy for extra drama and dairy-free, all-natural flavour.
Recipe by @locodairyfree
- 1 cup shredded vegetables of choice – wombok, carrot, spring onions
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- Peanut oil for frying
- 3/4 tub LOCO Sour Cream
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp miso paste
- Vegan okonomiyaki sauce, spring onions and fresh chilli to serve.
- In a large bowl combine the oat and buckwheat flours and slowly add water while whisking until mixture is a smooth batter (the consistency of a pancake batter). Add vegetables and mix well.
- Heat a frypan and add 1 tbsp oil, cook okonomiyaki either all at once into one large fritter or in batches to make smaller portions.
- Combine cream, vinegar, maple syrup and miso paste and mix well to combine.
- Serve Okonomiyaki with lashings of miso cream, okonomiyaki sauce, spring onions, and fresh chilli (optional).