Vegan Spinach Cob Loaf
The world’s first Vegan Cob Loaf. Seriously, I’m claiming it. I’ve made it using the new LOCO Dairy Free Sour Cream which is going to transform your cooking. Who doesn’t love a cob loaf? I LOVE this recipe. Give it a go! – Dani Venn
Recipe by Dani Venn for LOCO
Prep Time: 15 minutes, plus soaking
Makes 1 cob loaf
- 1 cob loaf
- 2 cup raw, natural cashews, soaked for 4 hours in water
- 1 cup / 250mls LOCO Sour Cream
- 500g frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt flakes
- Using a serrated knife, gently carve a circle in the centre of the cob loaf, leaving a few cm gap around the edge and carving deep enough to create a good sized hole in the centre of the cob loaf. Remove the centre and rip into small pieces.
- Place soaked cashews, LOCO Sour Cream, spinach, onion and garlic powder, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt and pepper into a high powered blender or food processor. Blitz on low speed to blend, gradually increasing to medium – high speed until a dip consistency has formed. Taste and adjust seasonings if required. Place dip in bowl and store in the fridge to chill. Alternatively, place in the centre of the cob loaf and serve with ripped bread.
To quickly defrost spinach, place in sieve and run under warm water until defrosted. Squeeze out excess moisture.
To soften cashews quicker, soak cashews in boiling water for about 1 hour.