Vegan Swedish Meatballs
Vegan Swedish Meatballs cosied up to a big loving dollop of our LOCO Sour Creamy. No dinner plans yet? Whip up this creamy delight and serve over mash or rice for a seriously yummy night in.
Recipe by @locodairyfree
- 500g of your favourite vegan meatballs 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 2 cups vegan stock
- 1 tub LOCO Sour Creamy
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Generous pinch of salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley and chives to serve
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat and stir in flour to form a thick roux. Add the vegan stock liquid and whisk until smooth and thickened.
- Add LOCO Sour Creamy, Worcestershire sauce, tamari and mustard and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until thick and smooth (add more stock or cream to thin mixture if needed). Season well with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked vegan meatballs and heat through, tossing to coat well.
- Serve on its own or over mash or rice and top with plenty of chopped fresh parsley and