Vegan Waffles with Whipped Cream and Chocolate Sauce
Nothing is a better balm for the soul than a freshly-made, hot stack of waffles. Except for when they’re topped with whipped cream and lashings of choccy sauce, using LOCO Thickened Creamy. It’s Sunday brunch settled!
Recipe by @locodairyfree
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegan milk of choice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or other oil of choice) 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tub LOCO Thickened Creamy + 2 tbsp
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Melt a little vegan butter or oil in a preheated waffle iron and cook mixture in batches.
- Whip Loco Thickened Creamy until a thick dollop consistency is reached.
- Melt the combined dark chocolate and 2 tablespoons of LOCO Thickened Creamy in a bowl in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Assemble waffles on a plate, top with whipped LOCO cream and pour over lashings of thick chocolate sauce.